Over the past few months, we have implemented safety precautions designed to safeguard our clients, their families, and staff to maintain rigorous preventive measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 throughout our organization.
As part of our commitment to keeping our clients and their families informed, we are continuing to update those we care for, and their loved ones, of our preventive measures.
We know that this is a challenging time, and thank you for your continued trust in our home care services. We take our responsibility as home care providers seriously and want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to focus on helping to combat this illness.
Preventive Measures at Home Care Providers Concerning COVID-19
Throughout our entire organization, we are following CDC guidelines and working with state health departments to ensure that we have access to the most recent information regarding COVID-19.
Key features of our response to COVID-19 includes:
- Fully informing our staff with information of the current and upcoming vaccines
- Encouraging all staff to discuss preventive precautions with their individual healthcare providers
- Continue to require the use of protective face masks at all times – until otherwise notified by the CDC
- Continue to enforce refraining from work when experiencing ANY symptoms of a cold or flu, with or without a fever
- Maintaining heightened disinfecting and cleaning procedures
- Closely following CDC guidelines on how to minimize exposure to respiratory pathogens
- Adhering to personal protective equipment (PPE) recommendations
- Strongly encouraging hand hygiene and other sanitary practices for all clients and staff
- Continually training and updating our caregivers and staff on infection control practices and new information from various health organizations
- Ensuring that all our prevention policies are followed consistently and correctly; and
- Actively monitoring for signs of illness, including routinely checking our clients and staff members
What are Home Care Provider’s infection control protocols?
We strictly follow the CDC infection prevention and control recommendations, which can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-recommendations.html
And should the CDC update its guidelines, we will adjust our procedures accordingly.
What is next?
Home Care Providers remains proactively focused on preventing the spread of COVID-19 or any other communicable diseases, which range from the common cold to the flu, and we have procedures and protocols in place for times such as these.
The information above are the immediate steps we’ve taken to limit our clients’ and staffs’ risk of exposure, and we are continually preparing for all possible scenarios. In the meantime, we will continue to work with our local vendors to ensure that we have adequate stocks of necessary supplies throughout our organization.
We understand your concerns regarding COVID-19 and are fully committed to the safety and health of every single person who we care for.
If you or a loved one is in need of specialized care, please contact us today for a customized solution.